Starward Homes is currently seeking a New Home Finishing/Customer Care Assistant for the Cambridge area. You will be an integral part of our construction team, coordinating construction activities from the drywall stage through to close ensuring quality home construction, and safe working conditions. This role will also assist in ensure all home owners have a fair and professional assessment of their listed deficiencies and that all required repairs are done as per Tarion guidelines, and to Starward’s standards,
Some of the main duties will include:
- Assist with coordinating and supervising all field personnel and sub-contractors to achieve all construction activities from drywall thru completion of each home on schedule, within budget and in accordance to the Ontario Building Code
- Maintain construction schedules; identify and solve problems as necessary. Setting appropriate inspections as required throughout the process.
- Ensure best practices are followed and techniques are used to produce the highest quality Starward Home is constructed.
- Meet with home owners to assess listed deficiencies/conciliation items
- Determination of warranted deficiencies via investigation
- Repairs/touch-ups of warranted items
- Full knowledge of current Tarion’s Construction Performance Guidelines
- Ensure all Health & Safety policies are promoted and adhered to on the job site and any job hazards are rectified immediately. Liaison with the Ministry of Labour when required.
- 5+ years of experience in Residential Construction, Carpentry, Scheduling, and Field Supervision
- College Degree in Construction Management an asset
- Have a strong general knowledge of all types of tradesman disciplines including, but not limited to: drywall, painting, tile, carpentry, and basic plumbing and electrical, roofing and flashing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Must be a team player and team builder with strong active listening skills and ability to multi-task with collaborative leadership style
- Be professional, courteous, respectful and honest with capacity for building and maintaining harmonious working relationships, both with internal and external team members, trade partners and customers
- Computer literacy with capacity for comfortably navigating software programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.) Punch List Manager, Timberscan and Builder MT an asset.
- Maintain a valid G class License
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted – thank you in advance for applying.