Reporting to the Vice President of Construction, the Construction Manager will plan, organize, budget and direct the activities of the Construction Department in the delivery of single and multi family homes across multiple sites.
- Source and negotiate trade partner contracts and ensure work is completed on-time, within budget and at the acceptable Starward quality standard.
- Manage trade partner scopes of work and validate trade compliance
- Implement appropriate construction schedules and the use of computerized construction management systems.
- Review analysis of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress towards stated goals and objectives. Prepare reports and presentations for the company’s Executives Leadership Team.
- Establish and monitor construction, purchase orders and financial controls to achieve house cost budget goals and perform variance analysis.
- Ensure compliance with construction, safety and regulatory standards.
- Provides leadership and management to construction and customer service staff in the delivery of single and multi family homes and post possession warranty service across multiple job sites.
- Establishes and oversees guidelines and performance standards for staff.
- Provides input into the development of the company marketing and sales strategy.
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated experience as a Construction Manager.
- Experience with computerized purchase order construction scheduling software. BuilderMT experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of residential construction practices and standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction project management and contract administration.
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing, negotiating and managing successful service-level agreements.
- High degree of self motivation with the ability to analyze complex problems, provide solutions and recommend alternatives.
- Experience with computerized estimating and budgeting. SageTimberline Estimating experience preferred. Excel experience necessary.
- Innovative and creative problem-solving skills.
- Team player and team builder with collaborative leadership style.